Tuesday 15 June 2010

Chicken Out campaign

Whilst researching the animal welfare aspects of battery farming, I came across the Chicken Out campaign run by Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall. In the same way as for the cows, it sounds like a good idea to me, to stop battery farming approaches in this country, so I signed up for their campaign.

Interestingly, one of the parts of the campaign registration process, led to a check on whether my MP had signed Early Day Motion 581, which relates to "Food labelling and the welfare of chickens". For some reason the site suggested that Nicholas Boles (our MP) had signed this, but when I went onto the EDM site, it suggested otherwise, which would be in line with what Nicholas Boles has said to us, i.e. that he does not sign EDMs as a matter of principle.

I've blogged recently about EDM 144, but I notice some more EDMs have recently appeared, in a similar vein:


Lets hope that they gather some support in the coming weeks.

Nick has agreed to raise a question in the house on this matter, which is a positive step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment on any post on this blog, but please use common sense when doing so - all comments are moderated.